Friday, September 4, 2015

SANAA TALKS THE PERFECT GUY

The Perfect Guy follows a woman (Lathan) who is stalked by an ex-boyfriend (Ealy), while a former lover (Chestnut) fights to protect her. Rosenthal and Williams expect the story to reach all audiences, given its universal theme of dating in a technological age. On being born to act: “I was a toddler on Broadway, basically. My mom was in the original cast of The Wiz on Broadway. I was always around it, behind the scenes. My father is the first black director in TV. It gets no more in your face than that.” On being a celebrity: “I don’t feel like a celebrity until I’m doing interviews like this. I walk around in sweats. I’m not always hair and makeup ready, and I have real people around me. That’s the key. You can’t help but stay in pocket, because real people don’t tolerate anything else.” On her next career move: “I am moving into the behind-the-scenes aspect now. When you’ve been in the business so long, you say to yourself, “I know how to do this.” I know you can never say never, but I’ll never stop acting. I’ll just keep adding to what the word “performance” ultimately means to me.“

No comments: