Friday, August 9, 2013

JAHEIM AGE AINT A FACTOR

On "Age Ain't a Factor," the first single off his forthcoming album Appreciation Day, Grammy winner Jaheim pays homage to what he feels are the oft-underappreciated "grown and sexy" women of a certain age. For the video, Jaheim took a page from ESSENCE's annual "Ageless Beauty" franchise and enlisted LisaRaye McCoy, Vivica A. Fox and Cynthia Bailey to co-star as fierce and fabulous women over 40. Celebrity photographer Derek Blanks directs. Watch it here first! We spoke with Jaheim to find out more about his leading ladies, crushing on Vivica A. Fox and more about "Age Ain't a Factor." On why he chose to write a song for "women of a certain age" "Some women get older and feel like they don’t have 'it' anymore," Jaheim tells ESSENCE. "I feel like it’s my job to let you know that you still got it." On why he chose his leading ladies "I chose LisaRaye because I know her personally; Cynthia Bailey is just gorgeous and Vivica is actually the theme of the record. If you listen to the song you'll hear her name is mentioned. She’s so fly. On his decades-long crush on Vivica A. Fox "She’s just a lady. She’s a legend and and she’s great at what she’s doing. She’s at the top of all the actresses in my mind. I was like 14 or 16 and watching her. All my friends used to fantasize about her and now that I’m 'Jaheim,' it’s like wow, there she is." On other fabulous women over 40 that he adores "Of course Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin. I have to say Stacey Dash! Oh, and Phylicia Rashad has always been my baby."

No comments: