Friday, September 30, 2011

TRACEE ELLIS ROSS COVERS JET MAGAZINE

>
TRACEE ELLIS ROSS

TRACEE AND MOM DIANA ROSS

On the end of “Girlfriends”:

“I felt like we really did it. And I was always so present and aware of what a gift it was.” Plus, girlfriend was tired. “I don’t think you realize when you’re in the grind, how in the grind you really are. I felt like a basketball player retiring from the NBA.”

“I still laugh out loud as if I’ve never seen it before. The other day I was watching an episode and I tweeted Jill [Marie Jones] and Persia [White] and said, ‘We were amazing!’”

On her role as therapist Carla Reed in BET’s new show “Reed Between The Lines”

“The world of self-help and self-awareness has always been of great interest to me,” she says. “I welcomed the opportunity to introduce, through comedy, this idea of therapy, which has been this ‘hush hush’ thing in our culture.” The fact that Dr. Carla Reed would also be a happily married mother of three made the role more appealing to Ross

On keeping that bangin’ body together at almost 40

Ross credits the Tracy Anderson workout for completely resculpting her body, which she likes better now than when she was in her 20s. “At first I was like hell no,” she says of the exercise regimen favored by A-list stars. “It was too expensive, and Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna don’t have the same shape as me. But I gave it a try and my body started snapping into place immediately.” The workout kicked her ass, but she says, “While doing the exercises, I feel sexy, I feel beautiful, I am laughing my ass off and I have a ball.” And the results made her a believer. “I was not a girl who liked to show my upper thighs,” she says. “I liked a skirt that went right to the knee. But let me tell you, I’m so happy in a short skirt right now.”

No comments: