Friday, September 30, 2011

PEACE JEWELRY



PEACEIMAGESJEWELRY.COM

About PI
What matters to you the most as a designer?
What matters most is that my creations are aligned with my visions and my values.

What inspires Peace Images?
I’m inspired by my cultural legacy, and what it means to be Black in this world; songs, fabrics, and individuals also inspire me. I try my hardest to remain open because inspiration can visit anytime.

I notice that your work is based around an Afrocentric theme. What message are you trying to portray through your pieces?
My message is simple. Remember the rich legacy our ancestors have left for us, and honor it in all we do!

How do you set the mood for creating new designs; what is the brainstorming process like for you?
It’s not really something I actively do. I simply live my life, surround myself with inspiring things that will serve as catalysts, and allow the vision to visit me when they will. It’s all very natural, and no designs ever feel forced.

Since this is Afro-punk I have to ask, what do you enjoy listening to?
I’ll listen to anything that raises my vibratory frequency and makes me smile. Currently vibin’ out to Nneka, Still Dreamin’ vol. 7 by Trackstar the DJ, The Doors, Big KRIT, Jigmastas and Jaspects.

No comments: